§ went to friends’ house to cook dinner. Made pasta for 9 people! It had sausage, mushrooms and capsicums and tasted pretty good (altho i don't know about the capsicums since i didn't eat them).
§ And we finally bought a pot
§ And pam’s friend, Jes, came to stay
Friday
§ Jes got locked INSIDE our house and had to climb out the balcony when the neighbours weren’t looking
§ Our lock is faulty and the landlord doesn’t believe we can get locked inside and hasn’t sent anyone to fix it
§ I finished all my brainless work just before the day ended. Shucks. None for next week.
§ We cooked dinner! Noodles with beef balls, toufu, straw mushrooms and xiao bai cai. Soup was a bit bland. Need to buy seasoning. cooking at home isn't exactly cheaper or more convenient here, unlike in switzerland, but it's less oily and salty i guess.
Saturday
§ An expensive day
§ Collected my tailoring and ordered two more sweaters! So dead broke.
§ Went over to the pudong side and had dim sum lunch
§ Then shopped (but didn’t buy anything) but thank goodness xk the expat intern, bought this really nifty little luggage bag whose wheels can rotate 360degrees and which we could all dump our tailoring and shopping into!
§ Ate ice-cream in the square where everyone was flying kites and roller blading (pudong is a lot more spacious and less polluted than puxi)
§ Chilled at the starbucks on the pudong side of the bund till it got too chilly
§ Went back to Puxi for a huge pizza dinner
§ Went to some boring club which cost a bomb
§ Left before the rest and walked home and finally got a good sleep!
Sunday
§ Slept in!
§ Bummed at the café so we could use internet (plus it was toooo hot outside for anything else. Go away summer go away!!!)
§ Sick of shopping and no money. We shall go do more exciting stuff after we get our pay
§ Went to church
§ Had a good chat with xk about church and r/ships and I feel so happy for him. K is a lucky gal. and it is sooooo amazing how it’s working out. I feel like our team has been so involved in their r/ship, from the day our coach first matchmade them! Their story is so interesting but it’s not for me to tell. They had better invite us to their wedding! O.o.p. haha.
§ Went for a pretty good dinner at Fuzhou Lu. 10 of us! Was fun
§ Walked home again
Monday
§ I’m typing all this in point form because I’m pretending to do work on Microsoft word and point form is more believable
§ Everything will be in point form from now on
§ Makes me less long-winded right
§ supposed to be doing our market analysis but I’m getting bored of it and I’m lazy
§ Some lady walked by just now and said “wah sei! 你今天好性感喔!” which is really weird! Because,
1. I’ve never seen this person before and have no idea who she is but I guess she could be a colleague from another dept (so what makes her think it's only today that i'm like this? :P)
2. I don’t know what she was referring to. My clothes? But I’m just wearing a casual tank top! Then again the ppl here don’t seem to wear sleeveless stuff, or at least not to the office. So maybe it’s taboo. But I can’t help it cos everyone kept saying it’d be really hot here so most of my office wear is sleeveless cos I cldn’t bear the thought of wearing long sleeved formal tops to work every day in the heat! Most of the time I wear my jacket over tho
3. so I don’t know if the lady was being nice or sarcastic but I think it’s the latter (like some barbed hint that sleeveless stuff is not allowed or something) cos at that point I was busy unglamly stuffing my face with my breakfast (which was an absolutely delicious egg prata thingy – I think it’s called spring onion pancake here) which I bought fresh and hot on the way to work
4. so now I am wearing my nice white sweater again. Which is sadly turning yellow after being worn almost every day here. Thank goodness the aircon is on
§ Ok I’m going to go for lunch and collect my new specs. Hope they accept card.
§ Slept in!
§ Bummed at the café so we could use internet (plus it was toooo hot outside for anything else. Go away summer go away!!!)
§ Sick of shopping and no money. We shall go do more exciting stuff after we get our pay
§ Went to church
§ Had a good chat with xk about church and r/ships and I feel so happy for him. K is a lucky gal. and it is sooooo amazing how it’s working out. I feel like our team has been so involved in their r/ship, from the day our coach first matchmade them! Their story is so interesting but it’s not for me to tell. They had better invite us to their wedding! O.o.p. haha.
§ Went for a pretty good dinner at Fuzhou Lu. 10 of us! Was fun
§ Walked home again
Monday
§ I’m typing all this in point form because I’m pretending to do work on Microsoft word and point form is more believable
§ Everything will be in point form from now on
§ Makes me less long-winded right
§ supposed to be doing our market analysis but I’m getting bored of it and I’m lazy
§ Some lady walked by just now and said “wah sei! 你今天好性感喔!” which is really weird! Because,
1. I’ve never seen this person before and have no idea who she is but I guess she could be a colleague from another dept (so what makes her think it's only today that i'm like this? :P)
2. I don’t know what she was referring to. My clothes? But I’m just wearing a casual tank top! Then again the ppl here don’t seem to wear sleeveless stuff, or at least not to the office. So maybe it’s taboo. But I can’t help it cos everyone kept saying it’d be really hot here so most of my office wear is sleeveless cos I cldn’t bear the thought of wearing long sleeved formal tops to work every day in the heat! Most of the time I wear my jacket over tho
3. so I don’t know if the lady was being nice or sarcastic but I think it’s the latter (like some barbed hint that sleeveless stuff is not allowed or something) cos at that point I was busy unglamly stuffing my face with my breakfast (which was an absolutely delicious egg prata thingy – I think it’s called spring onion pancake here) which I bought fresh and hot on the way to work
4. so now I am wearing my nice white sweater again. Which is sadly turning yellow after being worn almost every day here. Thank goodness the aircon is on
§ Ok I’m going to go for lunch and collect my new specs. Hope they accept card.

没有评论:
发表评论