2007年9月19日星期三

a dedication to my mugger friends

"Intelligence without the ability to give and receive affection leads to mental and moral breakdown, to neurosis, and possibly even psychosis."
- Flowers for Algernon

that's a good book.

i feel like i've been working non-stop the last few days; it takes me ages to fall asleep and then i wake up feeling tired. it doesn't help that every night i finish a different story book. see what i mean about once i start reading i can't stop. i think that's why i've been reading a lot less over the years. it's too distracting. it doesn't help to study in the library. especially since they just shifted the fiction section next to my favourite table. our library was a whole lot more conducive when it didn't have a fiction section. i've been told to stick to the course reserve section. ok sure... it houses the tv room.

a bulb in my room has blown and according to my mpw text changes in my surroundings should increase productivity but it's not true it's just making me sleepy or maybe i'd be sleepy anyway i don't know i just know i should be working but i'm not and i tried to change the bulb but the bottom half broke off and got stuck in the socket and i can't get it out where's my father when i need him. sleeping. and i have a deadline tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night and the afternoon after and the night after and i'm supposed to fast for peace from thurs to fri which just might finish me off which won't look too good since i'm emceeing the ceremony on friday which is supposed to signal the end of the fast so if i faint before i announce the end of the fast they'll just have to continue fasting; it's a vicious cycle. all because the light went off.

2 条评论:

enfantdeDieu 说...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor ameeeeeeeee..
Stop reading story books!!! Just for this week.
I'm like that too!! I can't go to a certain level in one of my school libraries (social sciences and humanities - main lib) because of all the weird and wonderful books they have!! And I can't stop picking out books to borrow when my legs carry me to the shelves. INVOLUNTARILY. I mean really..my muscles have a mind of their own. I've got 2 exams this wk and it doesn't help that I've surrounded my bed with piles of books that I pick up to read at random. I've been into Dr Seuss recently too..oooh i just love his poems and illustrations..reminds me of you too..whimsical. heh.

匿名 说...

i loved that book as well.

please don't stress out! i'm worried about you, please take care of yourself and don't die!!! love you.